Sigma Delta Pi - Chapter Beta Epsilon
SIGMA DELTA PI – CHAPTER BETA EPSILON
SOCIEDAD NACIONAL HONORARIA HISPÁNICA
(NATIONAL COLLEGIATE HISPANIC HONOR SOCIETY)
¡BIENVENIDO! / WELCOME!
Dr. David Navarro - Faculty Advisor (Department of Modern Languages)
Katya Garza - President
Lupita Suárez- Vice-President
Blanca Saucedo Madero- Secretary
Yesenia Cardona Cervantes - Treasurer
Jennifer Gutiérrez - Assistant Editor (Al Principio Journal)
Sigma Delta Pi, a National Honor Society (La Sociedad Nacional Honoraria Hispánica), was established on November 14, 1919, at the University of Berkeley. Its insignia is the royal seal of Fernando and Isabel, representing the former kingdoms of Castile, Leon, and Aragon.
Colors: RED and GOLD
Flower: The red carnation.
Goals and Objectives:
- To honor those who attain excellence in the study of Spanish language and in the study of literature and culture of the Spanish speaking peoples.
- To honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world.
- To encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture.
- To foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech.
- To serve its membership in ways in which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
“Spanías Didagéi Proágomen”