Regular Graduate Faculty
- Beale-Rivaya, Yasmine, Professor. B.A., M.A., Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles. (historical Hispanic linguistics; Mozarabic; Al-Andalus; language change and contact)
- Cuadrado, Agustín, Professor. B.A., Universidad de Valladolid; M.A., Bowling Green State University; M.A., Universidad de Valladolid; M.A., Universidad de Alcalá de Henares; Ph.D., University of Arizona (contemporary Spanish narrative; Spanish cinema; literary and cinematic theory)
- Harney, Lucy Diane, Professor of Spanish and chair of Department of Modern Languages. B.A., B.M., M.A., M.M., Texas Tech University; Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin. (19th- and 20th-century Hispanic literature and cultural studies, business Spanish)
- Intersimone, Luis Alfredo, Associate Professor. B.A., Universidad Nacional de Tucumán; M.A., Ph.D., Rutgers University. (19th- and 20th-century Spanish American literature; contemporary southern cone studies, and Peronismo)
- Jaffe, Catherine, Professor of Spanish. B.A., Georgetown University; M.A., Ph.D., University of Chicago. (18th- and 19th-century Spanish and comparative literature; gender and reading; women writers)
- Juge, Matthew L., Associate Professor of Spanish. B.A., University of Virginia; M.A., Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley. (historical linguistics)
- Martínez, Sergio, Professor. B.A., M.A., California State University, Fresno, Ph.D., University of Arizona. (Mexican and Mexican-American literature)
- Navarro, David, Assistant Professor. B.A., University of Valladolid (Spain)/University College Dublin (Republic of Ireland); M.A., Ph.D., Western University (London, Ontario, Canada). (medieval Iberian literature and history; religious minorities of the Iberian peninsula; biblical exegesis; cultural peninsular studies).
- Porras, J. Yuri, Professor. BA California State University, Sonoma, M.A., Ph.D., Ohio State University. (Spanish literature and theater of the Golden Age; Spanish culture; Zarzuela)
- Pujalte, Nieves, Associate Professor. B.A., University of Alicante, Spain, M.A., Ph.D., Ohio State University. (18th- and 19th-century Spanish literature; Spanish culture; travel literature)
- Ugalde, Sharon Elizabeth, University Distinguished Professor. B.A., University of California at Davis; M.A., Ph.D., Stanford University. (20th- and 21st-century poetry of Spain, emphasis on women authors)
Associate Graduate Faculty
- Dunaway, Margaret, Senior Lecturer. B.A., M.A., Rice University; MB.A., University of Texas at Austin; Ph.D., Harvard University.
- Gragera, Antonio, Associate Professor of Spanish. B.A., University of Extremadura; M.A., Auburn University; Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst. (Hispanic linguistics and second language acquisition)
- Locklin, Blake Seana, Associate Professor of Spanish. B.A., Princeton University; M.A., Ph.D., Cornell University. (Latin American and comparative literature)