Scholarships and Awards
Department of World Languages and Literatures Scholarships
- The Elizabeth Topper Nash Endowed Scholarship ($750-$1,500) for undergraduate students majoring in French.
- The Roberto A. Galván Scholarship ($1,000-$2,000) for undergraduate students majoring or minoring in Spanish.
- The Corinda Crews Moeller Endowed Scholarship ($1,100-$2,300) for undergraduate students majoring or minoring in German.
- The Señor Cicero A. Rust III Endowed Scholarship ($500-$1,000) for an undergraduate student majoring in French, German, or Spanish.
- The Thomas L. and Helen E. Cox Endowed Scholarship ($750-$1,500) for undergraduate students majoring in French, German, or Spanish.
College of Liberal Arts Scholarships
- Harold and Betty Marburger Scholarship: The Harold and Betty Marburger Endowment in Liberal Arts ($700) for undergraduate students majoring in French, German, Spanish, English, Geography, History, or Political Science, AND seeking teacher certification.
National Honor Society Scholarships and Professional Organizations
French National Honor Society
- Pi Delta Phi, Texas State University chapter: Epsilon Tau.
German National Honor Society
- Delta Phi Alpha, Texas State University chapter: Epsilon Lambda.
- Bridging Scholarships (sponsored by the U.S.-Japan Bridging Foundation): The Bridging Scholarship program will award 60-100 scholarships to American students participating in study-abroad programs in Japan during 2011-2012. Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study and attending any recognized exchange or independent program in Japan are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The JASSO International Scholarship (sponsored by the Japan Student Services Organization).
- Scholarships and stipends from the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP)
- National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society.
- Fulbright Scholarships. This program is designed to give recent graduates opportunities in personal development and international experience.
- Campus Fulbright Program Advisor, Dr. Valentina Glajar.
- The Good Neighbor Scholarship is a financial aid tool that provides students from eligible countries with complementary financial support.
Japanese Government Scholarships
- Association of International Education, Japan (AIEJ) scholarships (sponsored by the Japanese government). For more information contact Dr. Mayumi Moriuchi.
Scholarships for Minorities and New Americans
- This college guide provides useful information about the collegiate process and financial aid, including hundreds of scholarship opportunities available to minorities and new Americans.